Thursday 15 January 2009

Fabric baskets from Pink Penguin and BQL challenge




I made these baskets after seeing a tutorial on Pink Penguins blog. I bought a little bundle of fabric from a trader at Rochberieages ago, I cant now remember who, and I kept getting it out and looking at it and loving it but had no clue what to do with it untill this tutorial. The size is just right for the four threads for my overlocker. Thank you so much for a great idea and a fab tutorial.



This is all the swag that I came home with last Rochberie meeting, everyone attending was given a jelly roll which I plan to use to do borders on my Noahs Ark stitcheries (the last part of which is available next month and I can't wait) I was given not just one but two kits to make fabric shopping bags for one of our regular ladies who runs a charity shop, and a friend brought lots of ribbons and zips she no longer wanted which I snapped up in a jiffy. I came home on quite a high, am I easily pleased or totally sad? I really thought christmas had come early for me. Here we are and it is Rochberie again this weekend both bags are made as well as another half dozen left over from a Scout fund raiser before christmas, some zips used in pouches and a plan for the jelly roll.



I have just completed my January challenge for BQL and uploaded the picture to the web site. It has wonky circles fmq all over the background, the circles are left plain and I think I almost prefer the back of this little quilt.

I hope all my text has come out with this post unlike the previous one.

Hopefully a little project will be completed soon and I can show you how I am going to try to be better organised this year. I am ever an optomist.

Till next time Liz

No comments: