Tuesday 24 August 2010

Quilts for Dexter and Sylvia

A friend got in touch and announced she was to be a Granny, her daughter was expecting twins. Could I help her make a couple of quilts? I didn't have to think too long about it I was glad to help.
We mulled over a few ideas before she decided to do a couple of Bramble Patch kits. Of course being Lynn she wanted to make them a bit different so we had to adapt a bit. I made one and she did the other with a bit of direction.
I quilted the quilt for Dexter with all over stipple which was a bit tricky as the print on the fabrics were so busy but I am pleased with the result, especially as Kate (the Mum ) did not believe I had done it freemotion, She said I must have that stitch on my machine because it was too even. I will take that as a compliment.
Lynn quilted hers for Sylvia with a wave pattern which took some time to get a shape she was happy with as she is a scientist.
The fabrics are all brushed cotton and I am sure will keep them toasty in the comming months and I hope will be a comfort for years.
They are visiting this weekend and if I am lucky I might get a cuddle.
There is another quilt to tell you about but that will have to wait for another day.
Happy quilting Liz X

No comments: