Thursday 4 October 2012

I can finally tell you about the hearts quilt

I have spent the last couple of months busy at the local theatre, doing two shows back to back is not to be recomended I underestimated the time I would spend but it was massive amounts of fun and look forward to doing the next show.  This quilt has been on the machine for far too long but is now returned to its owner and I can now blog about it.


Many of the blocks were made by a group and put together with more blocks and a center panel by another group and I have quilted it. Sylvia asked for clam shells so I put them in the center for her, it was very time consuming, I hope she likes it.
I think the plan is to raffle it for a cancer charity around Valentines day, I will let you all know when I find out.
I do have another quilt to show but it will have to wait till later in the month as it is part of a competition with an on line group I belong to. Entries were supposed to be secret but someone has already guessed my work, perhaps it has something to do with my love/obsession with feathers. Ha!
Till next time
Liz X

3 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Beautiful quilting as always Liz...nice to see you back and blogging :o)

Lynda said...

Such a shame the photos don't show the quilting up very well, as nearly every block has a dfferent quilting design. Fabulous!

Liz said...

Thank you for your good comments ladies I always hold my breath before giving back a quilt and hope it is what people envisiged or hoped for.