Thursday 20 March 2014

Time marches on...

Look what was waiting for me when I got back from Rocheberie on Saturday, a lovely bundle of new Oakshott fabrics to play with.
Like a small child given an expensive gift and getting more enjoyment from the box, what I played with first, after pressing and starching, were the selvedges which are really pretty. 

I know challenges are not everyone's cup of tea but this
has been on my to do list for about 2 years. Lutterworth has issued a challenge of 4 small pieces and this is my Circles piece. Below is one of the pieces I made for Lines and one of  the chenille bags I made after a visit from Marike Phillips to Cosby Quilters. I have been very happy to sit and quilt recently.



This piece was quilted a couple of months ago and I am glad to have it finally made up into a bag. I had a couple of nice comments about it yesterday.

 

Till next time
Liz

1 comment:

Lynda said...

The clock looks amazing - I didn't get a very good look at it at Piecemakers. It's good when a challenge links up with something you have on your mind.